Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iași (UAIC)
Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iași (UAIC) is the oldest modern Romanian university currently having 16 faculties, 27000 students, 800 permanent academic staff and 900 administrative staff. UAIC is at the forefront of the higher education reform in Romania during the last 20 years (ECTS, DS, Bologna cycles, curricula) and is constantly ranked top 3 in Romania in terms of scientific research. UAIC is a member of the Coimbra Group, Utrecht Network, EUA, AUF and other multiple partnerships. UAIC is the first Romanian university to coordinate Erasmus Mundus Action 2 projects: EMERGE, IANUS, IANUS II and EDEN. UAIC has had intense mobility exchanges within the Erasmus programme for the last 16 years with more than 260 universities. During the last 3 years, UAIC has been During the last three years, UAIC has been ranked first among the top Romanian HEIs in terms of outgoing students (study and placement mobilities) under the LLP-Erasmus programme.
The main mission of our faculty is to training students to become teacher of physical education and sports, coaches, kinetic therapist or instructors in leisure activity with mission to educate children and teenagers within the educational system and sports area. Secondly is to promoting national and international sport, health, tolerance, solidarity, culture and spiritual values. We are involved every year in organising activities such as: scientific conferences in physical education, sport and kinesitherapy; competitive student’s sports for amateur’s athletes and professionals at local and national level; summer schools in aquatics (Friends of water) and winter schools (winter sports and orienteering) and not in the end recreational sports etc.
What are the skills and expertise of key staff/persons involved in this application?
- Training professionals in sports and physical education deal with the education system, the performance sports, the recovery and the body care techniques.
- Providing refresher courses to graduates with a view to continuously develop their academic achievements (qualified teaching, teaching tenure grade 2 and grade 1).
- Promoting national and international sport, culture and spiritual values.
- Coordination of leisure sport activity.
- Developing several research directions.
- Participating to achievement of major scientific projects and youth project.
Please visit: http://www.uaic.ro/